CountryBond Self-Binding Gravel is the quintessential choice for creating durable, natural, and aesthetically pleasing pathways, driveways, and cycle paths. Expertly designed, it provides a stable, all-weather surface that is perfect for wheelchairs, bikes, and cars alike, making it versatile for every need.
Our self-binding gravel is a blend of gravels, sands, and minerals that fuse together to create a robust and compacted finish. It offers a smoother surface than loose gravel, lessening the chance of dislodging under wheels or feet. This feature makes it pet-friendly as it is resistant to digging and ideal for households with pets.
Moreover, it takes pride in its eco-friendly composition, being 100% natural and chemical-free. CountryBond Self-Binding Gravel is a healthier choice for your outdoors, promoting sustainable living while ensuring the safety of your family and pets.
- Self-Binding: This gravel binds together when rolled, creating a firm, compact surface that resists erosion and maintains its integrity over time.
- Durability: Made to withstand harsh weather conditions and heavy traffic, it’s the perfect choice for both pedestrian and vehicle paths.
- Low Maintenance: Once installed and compacted, it requires minimal upkeep, saving both time and money on maintenance.
- Versatility: It’s ideal for a range of applications including driveways, pathways, cycle paths, landscaping projects, courtyards, and car parks.
- Eco-Friendly: The Countrybond Self-Binding Gravel is a natural product, providing a permeable surface which helps with water drainage and reduces runoff.
- Pet-Friendly: resistant to digging and ideal for households with pets.
Available in four luxurious colours:
Wentworth Cream: A timeless classic, Wentworth Cream provides a sophisticated cream hue that instantly brightens any outdoor area. It’s perfect for creating a gentle, welcoming path or driveway.
Kensington Gold: This unique gold shade adds a touch of luxury to your landscape. Kensington Gold enhances the visual appeal of your outdoor area and matches beautifully with brick, stone, or wooden structures.
Osborne Grey: Osborne Grey offers a modern and minimalist aesthetic. This shade is an excellent choice for contemporary designs, providing a clean and sleek appearance that works well with a wide range of architectural styles.
Highclere Red: Highclere Red brings warmth and character to your outdoor spaces. Its vibrant red tone is reminiscent of traditional brick paths, making it a fantastic choice for heritage properties or rustic garden designs.
Choose the Countrybond Self-Binding Gravel for a lasting, beautiful, and practical solution to your landscaping needs.
Laying Guide for Self-Binding Gravel
- Prepare the Ground: Start by marking out the area where you want to lay the self-binding gravel. Remove any vegetation, rocks, and other debris from the area.
- Create a Solid Base: Depending on the intended use of the area (foot traffic, bikes, cars), you might need to install a sub-base layer. This could be a compacted layer of hardcore or MOT Type 1 to a depth of about 100-150mm. The sub-base provides stability and helps with drainage.
- Edging: Install a fixed edge to contain the gravel and keep it from spreading. This can be timber, steel edging, or brickwork, depending on the aesthetic you desire.
- Laying the Gravel: Spread the self-binding gravel over your prepared area to a depth of around 40mm – 50mm. Rake it out to an even layer.
- Compaction: Once laid, the gravel should be compacted using a roller, vibrating plate or even a hard flat surface for low-volume traffic areas. This will push the gravel together and start the binding process. It’s a good idea to water the area lightly before compacting it to aid in binding.
- Curing: Allow the area to cure for a few days before using it. This time allows the self-binding properties to take effect and create a hard, durable surface.
How Much Gravel Do You Need?
The amount of self-binding gravel you need will depend on the size of the area you’re covering and the depth at which you’re laying the gravel.
As a guide, one bulk bag (850kg) of self-binding gravel will cover approximately 10m² at a depth of 40mm.
To calculate how much gravel you need:
- Measure the length and the width of the area you want to cover in metres.
- Multiply these together to give you the area in square metres.
- Decide on your depth (usually 40-50mm), convert this into metres (so 40mm is 0.04m).
- Multiply your area by the depth to give you the volume in cubic metres.
- Since one bulk bag of self-binding gravel covers about 10m² at 40mm depth, divide your volume by this to give you the number of bulk bags needed.
- Remember, it’s a good idea to add a little extra to your calculation to allow for discrepancies in measurements or depth.